Zonar Z Pass System
Maconaquah School Corporation will soon re-implement the use of the Zonar Z Pass system to be more accountable for where our bus riders are.
Every student at Maconaquah is issued a student ID that doubles as their bus pass.
Students are required to scan on and off the bus. The information will be logged in our system showing when and where students scanned on/off the bus.
As their student ID, this card is also used for lunch and library purposes.
For more information please view this document
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP TRAFFIC FLOW MAPS
A Tradition of Excellence ~
Maconaquah Schools Transportation Department consists of 48 active employees who utilize a fleet of 48 vehicles to transport our students to and from school. On any given morning or afternoon, we transport approximately 75% of our student body.
Each school year, we provide extra-curricular transportation for our athletes, musicians, and academic students. Our drivers are conscientious professionals who go above and beyond to ensure the safety of their passengers and the motorists with whom they share the road.
SCHOOL BUS SAFETY
- Get to the stop at least 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Have a safe place to wait for your bus, away from traffic and the street.
- Stay back at least 10 feet from the road while waiting for the bus. Do not play games or run around at the bus stop.
- Be aware of the street traffic around you. Drivers are required to follow certain rules of the road concerning school buses; however, not all do.
- When you see the bus coming, form a line—do not rush to the roadway or push others to try to be the first on the bus.
- If you have to cross the street in front of the bus, walk on the sidewalk or along the side of the road to a point at least five giant steps (10 feet) ahead of the bus before you cross. Be sure that the bus driver can see you, you can see the bus driver.
- Wait until the driver motions for you to cross. Wait until the bus stops, the door opens, and the driver says that it's okay before stepping onto the bus.
- Use the handrails to avoid falls. When exiting the bus, be careful that clothing with drawstrings, and book bags with straps don't get caught in the handrails or doors.
- NEVER walk behind the bus!
- Keep items in a backpack or bag. Do not try to pick up something dropped near the bus—the bus driver may not see you. Ask the driver first.
- Have respect for others’ property at the bus stop and on the bus.
- When being dropped off, exit the bus and walk ten giant steps away from the bus before pausing.