Student Transfer Portal for Out of District Students
Welcome to the Maconaquah School Corporation Student Transfer Portal for out of district students! We are glad you have chosen to entrust Maconaquah School Corporation with your students' education. Before completing the application, please take a few minutes to review the requirements for acceptance at our schools.
- One application must be completed per student. No applications will be accepted after the due date.
- Out of District Transfer acceptance is granted for one year only. (July 1 to June 30)
- The parents, guardian, custodian, or student agrees to provide his/her own transportation to and from the school. If a student resides at an address that is already included in an official route description, transportation may be available for the student.
- A separate application is required for each child in the household.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed
- All children must be enrolled in their approved school by Friday, August 4, 2023. If a non-resident child is not enrolled by this date, the approved application will be made void.
- After an Out of District Transfer student has enrolled, a copy of the student’s OFFICIAL educational records will be requested. (Transcripts/grades, attendance, discipline, achievement/assessment test scores, IEP/special education records, etc.)
- Students enrolled at Maconaquah School Corporation at the conclusion of the 2022-23 school year will be automatically accepted as long as the application is completed prior to July 1, 2023, and meets the criteria in the following bullet points:
- The student has not been suspended or expelled for more than 10 school days in the 12 months preceding the request for transfer.
- The student was not suspended or expelled for possessing a firearm, deadly weapon, or destructive device in the preceding 12 months.
- The student was not suspended or expelled for causing physical injury to a student, school employee, or visitor to the school.
- The student does not have a history of unexcused absences.
- The student is not transferring for athletic reasons.
Online Application Form
Must have a Google account in order to submit an application form
** If you don't have a Google account, you can create one for free here.
A paper application can also be picked up at Maconaquah School Corporation:
7932 S Strawtown Pike, Bunker Hill IN, 46914**
The Out of District Transfer Application must be completed by ALL Out of District Students prior to enrollment and submitted to the Maconaquah School Corporation Office (The online application automatically goes to the Corporation office when it is submitted). Applicants will be considered for acceptance on a first come first serve basis using the following criteria; discipline record, attendance record, and class capacity. All families will be notified via the email address used on the application on or before July 28, 2023.
DUE DATE FOR FIRST SEMESTER APPLICATIONS-July 1, 2023
DUE DATE FOR SECOND SEMESTER APPLICATIONS-December 1, 2023